I have a problem with head shaking and tension in neck. It happens in some social situations. When I'm alone I mostly don't have this problem and if I have, it's only mild. It concerns situations, when others can see me shaking, for example in a bus, at the bus stop, in the bank. It takes lot of effort and tension to prevent the shaking. Problem is only if I'm motionless. When I move, the tension releases.
- Everyday sitting behind the computer at work
- Sensible nerves and therefore greater tendency to stress and tension
- Frustration from life due to social isolation and social awkwardness
What I've tried:
- Exercising yoga specilized on back pain (almost daily). It helps the most.
- Exercising at work, daily. It helps to release tension that worsens the shaking problem.
- Jogging. Helps to loosen up.
- Cognitive behavioral therapy against social anxiety. It helped significantly to reduce social stress and thus the bodily tension.
- Vertebrologist. Didn't find anything substantial. Recommended rehabilitation, but the effect was mild and temporary.
- Neurologist. Didn't find anything new (she already knows about my sensible nerves) and recomended yoga and exercising.
- Psychiatrist. Diagnosed anxiety disorder. I take the meds and it's a bit better with shaking.
- Mental attitudes like "I can shake as much as I want"
- Ergonomic chair. Didn't help much,
Do you know what to do with this? It already lasts several years and it greatly limits my life.